Re: (TV) More on Breakin' In My Heart': Brazil 2011 ??!!

Sound is fabulous at Rough Trade. Without Richard, Tom played all the lead. Jimmy Rip really was just a rhythm guitarist for the show. Rip is very good but his sound is not as bright and lively (and bluesy) as Richard's. He just let Tom shine. But Tom was great, his voice was in fine shape. Billy was on fire and Fred was fantastic too. They sound really tight as a band. Sad without Richard, but that's not a reason to miss the show. Clearly one of the best shows I have seen in a long time; the sound at Rough Trade being really outstanding is an essential factor.