Re: (TV) Test Patterns, Richard Lloyd

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dennis D" <dend@mindspring.com>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2000 2:51 AM
Subject: Re: (TV) Test Patterns, Richard Lloyd

 Thank you for clearing that up, do you know the name of Matthew's pre Lloyd
Band band?
 Is Maxanne still involved in Boston radio? I liked her, but to be honest I
never knew her role in Richard's career? Was she working A&R for Elektra?
Was she working as Richard's manager? I never knew what her role was.

Matthew's band was called Reddy Teddy - they were a big deal on the Rat
scene in those days and Maxanne was their manager.  A side note - Scott
Baerenwald, Reddy Teddy's bassist ( and one of the best I've heard ) ended
up in Robin Lane and the Chartbusters, another of the vast underrated.
Maxanne was working A&R at Elektra, I believe - she had strong ties to the
Cars and was largely responsible for putting their demos ( and a number of
other worthy groups' tapes ) on the air.  I have no idea what she's doing
now; I saw her picture in Billboard about 10 years ago as a
partner/member/who knows what of some new independent label. I doubt she'd
be happy in radio as it is now ( though who knows - maybe these new
satellite stations will catch on ) - I mean, WBCN runs Howard Stern in the
morning, for god's sake!