Re: (TV) Leave Hell out please, and de-emphasize the punk-rock NYC scene, concentrate on the 331/3 rpm album itself

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Russ <russvr@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it is not too far off track to say that Television - went
> through sort of a "punk" stage early on . I cite the song "Double
> Exposure"
> -  a mean snarly ditty, full of aggression and snottiness. Are not
> those "punk" attributes. It's counting angel on the head of a pin
> though when you get down to it.

It is!  I'm trying to come up with a succinct way to say it.  Here's a try:

"Television was a great original NY punk rock band" = not quite right.
"Television was a great band on the original NY punk rock scene" = pretty
accurate.