Re: Full of it / RE: (TV) Sour Grapes / Alternate Ver of Television's Founding?

My quick thoughts on Rex's great post:

I would like a new Television album
with the MK2 line-up. But we'll be lucky to get any "Television" album, even
with the MK3 line-up. You may not consider Television minus Richard Lloyd to
be Television. Fair enough. But even then, I'd be happy to get a Verlaine solo
album with Jimmy, Fred, and Billy playing on it. I agree that the band seemed
at-ease in the Brazil MTV interview. Anyway, I love Verlaine's first solo LP
as much or more than ADVENTURE or the 1992 LP; I probably feel the same way
about FLASH LIGHT; I may prefer the next Television album over some of the
earlier ones. Who knows? I hope it becomes a reality.

As for Lloyd's public
airing of grievances... he's put a lot of his life into this band and it must
irk him to see it continue without him. I'm sure there is lots and lots of
baggage between Tom and Richard, and clearly Richard wants to vent about it.
On the other hand, I've never really recovered from seeing Richard totally
unhinged in Boston in 2009 (it was so unhinged, I left the show early -- I
never would have thought I'd do that at any Television-related event) and I
think he's really struggled the last few years at self-control. I hope he's
feeling better, and that his recent FB posts are just bravado or genuine anger
or unhappiness, but more than anything I just hope they aren't a sign of
ongoing health issues for Richard. Sometimes it's hard to tell.

--Phil