Re: Full of it / RE: (TV) Sour Grapes / Alternate Ver of Television's Founding?

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 7:51 AM, Phil Obbard <pobbard@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  But even then, I'd be happy to get a Verlaine solo
> album with Jimmy, Fred, and Billy playing on it.

Absolutely, and wouldn't we all?  Like Phil, I do understand that the name
Television is worth splitting hairs over for some people, but I hope it's
not enough to deter fans like us from the record.  If/when it appears, maybe
I'll set up shop to sell alternate versions of the artwork reading "Tom
Verlaine Band" and see if it alters the quality of the actual music thereon.

I think he's really struggled the last few years at self-control. I hope
> he's
> feeling better, and that his recent FB posts are just bravado or genuine
> anger
> or unhappiness, but more than anything I just hope they aren't a sign of
> ongoing health issues for Richard. Sometimes it's hard to tell.

My feelings and concerns almost exactly.  And I really don't mind Richard
doing the venting he needs to do to get his head straight; what I find tough
to take is when he drags other people into it.  Most likely his animosity
toward Tom is earned to at least some degree, but again, the other guys in
the band don't deserve to be used as tools in his PR (?) campaign.  Their
stated public stance on all the acrimony is that they have no public stance
on the acrimony, and I think that choice should be honored .