 From: Jesse Hochstadt <jesseh58@yahoo.com>
To: "tv@obbard.com" <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 3:23 AM
Subject: Re: (TV) Not so familiar Verlaine favourites

Speaking of the
Paisley Underground, I remember buying True West's "Drifters"
album after a
reviewer likened it to Television. I listened to it once or
twice, decided I
had no idea what the reviewer was talking about, and tossed
it. Wikipedia says
that Tom did produce some of True West's demos - maybe
that's where the
comparison comes from?

- Jesse
Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com>
Monday, April 22, 2013 12:09 AM
>Subject: Re: (TV) Not so familiar Verlaine
favourites

>On Sun, Apr 21,
2013 at 6:16 PM, Scott Simpson
<SSimpson@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

>> Mazzy is part
of Paisley.  By heavily
linked, you mean same band members as
>> Rain Parade,
Opal, etc.  that was
probably the most incestuous music scene
>> of the past
30 years.

>Yep.
But oddly the highest profile offshoots were the Bangles,
who were
>massive in
the mid to late eighties, and Mazzy, who became big much
later
>in the mid
nineties.  I don't think most people connect those two bands
in
>their minds,
and most people have also never even heard of the other
>Paisley bands.  It's
a shame, really.  I'd have to class at least Days of
>Wine and Roses and
Emergency Third Rail Power Trip as stone cold classic
>albums, with quite a
few serious contenders from the other bands involved...