Re: (TV) Not so familiar Verlaine favourites

I actually really quite like True West... I think they're a bit underrated
within that scene.  There are some production issues with their
recorded output,
and they're in a more retro, and, yes, eclectic vein than Television, but a
great melodic dual-guitar band.

Last year I just happened to see Russ Tolman of True West do a set with a
pickup band on the same International Pop overthrow bill as my friend's
band Sidewalk Society, and he was pretty great.  Strangely he didn't do
Lucifer Sam, but Sidewalk Society did... I asked my friend if that'd been
intentional afterwards, but he didn't even know of the True West
version!  Possibly
his guitarist, did, though.

Rex