Re: (TV) End-of-year Review / Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

On 1/3/2015 2:04 PM, Joe Hartley wrote:
On Sat, 3 Jan 2015 09:24:43 -0800
Rex Broome<rexbroome@gmail.com>  wrote:
Neat to hear "Days" reversed and Richard's rather amazing internal
backwards masking abilities confirmed.
I've been playing Mr Tamb Man for years, but if you asked me to play the riff
backwards, I'd never be able to just pull it off - I'd need a few days of
working it out.  But then again, I'm not RL either!

It sounds pretty easy to work out backwards. All quarter notes and eight notes, no syncopation. I'm guessing you could get it in ten minutes.

Now that I think about it, that story makes Tom sound more important to the writing of that song than Richard. He's the one that could listen to a guitar riff and think it would sound good played backwards.

"She Don't Care About Time" is one of my absolute favorite Byrds tracks.
It's odd that it's just a b-side.
IMO, all the great Byrds songs are either covers or Gene Clark songs.  "Here
Without You" is another one of my faves.

Not all the great songs. I'd offer "It Won't Be Wrong" and Chris Hillman's songs on Younger Than Yesterday as evidence.